join our team
Family Services Advocate
Carson’s Village Mission
To provide assistance to families in organizing their village after the sudden loss of a loved one.
• Fluent in Spanish
• Good verbal and written communications
• Have empathy and relationship skills
• Has strong customer service skills
• Investigative abilities and internet search skills required
• Ability to condense information from multiple sources and communicate it
• Well organized
• Able to work with Microsoft Office
• Has attention to detail
• Works well in ambiguous situations
• Has analytical and critical thinking skills
• Dependable and meets deadlines
• Be available to respond on-call as needed
• Has flexibility to work nights and weekends if needed
• Sign a confidentiality agreement with Carson’s Village (CV).
• Pass a background check.
• Attend a training session at the start of the job and meet virtually as needed.
• Can work remotely.
• Follow all Carson’s Village communications guidelines.
• Has their own cellphone
• Have a quiet place at home to work (office with doors)
• Has their own computer with Microsoft Office
• Conduct family communications by phone, text or email – no live meetings permitted without prior approval from Carson’s Village.
• Lead families through the Carson’s Village process.
• Access Carson’s Village’s library for common questions and solutions.
• Research and document situations new to the organization.
• Document each family interaction in Carson’s Village database.
• Provide feedback to Carson’s Village to enhance and improve processes.
• Conduct family exit surveys as necessary.
• Other duties as assigned.
Compensation and Schedule
• Negotiable based on skill set
• Work 5-20 hours per week depending on the need.
• Flexibility is required as families call in
• Paid on 5th and 20th of the month with direct deposit (if available)
For more information, contact Jason at firstname.lastname@example.org.