Tips on Organizing your Village
Even if you decide not use our free services, we still want to help. Here is a list of things to consider that you are likely to face in the next few days:
- It important for the family to say “yes” to offers of help. It can be hard for some to accept help, but it also helps the people around the family that want to contribute to help a bad situation.
- You will need a system to alert family, friends, work, and school, if applicable
- Consider allowing a Carson’s Village Advocate assist you with creating a private webpage to provide one convenient spot where family and friends can sign up to bring food, donate money to the family and to get up to date information on what the family needs, locations/times of events and any last minute changes
- Start early with a way to track food donations, time donations (mowing the lawn), special gifts and monetary donations so that you can write thank you notes at a later date
- Housing and Transportation – Is there a need to coordinate hotels and travel? Does the funeral home have any discounts? Do people need to be picked up from the airport?
Please feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions about these or other topics.