Carson's Village Newsletter - May 2018
As always, it would be wrong of us to start out by not thanking each and every one of you. Without our Village and all of your love and support, there is no way we could do what we do and positively impact the lives of so many people. All of your Facebook likes, comments and shares mean so much and we greatly appreciate you!
Below are some of the things that we have been doing since our last newsletter:
- Helping Others: In May we helped another 12 families (three were from out of state) bringing our total to 30 to date!! We are honored and humbled to help these families and would not be able to do it without your support! (Check out our new page 'At A Glance' that highlights our family support)
- Thanks to all of those that came out to the Twisted Root Fundraiser to join April and I for dinner! It was great to see everyone and we raised nearly $300!
- 11x11: Thanks to Jennifer Nugent who raised $2,225 for Carson’s Village by hiking 11 miles a day for 11 days. This was a goal she conquered last year as well right after Carson's death with the focus being on awareness at that time. You can find her at www.tooshortfitness.com.
- 5K Run: Special thanks to Brooke Neff and Camp Gladiator (https://campgladiator.com/)! She had a 5K event during Bold Week and through the sales of burgers and brats along with donations her team raised nearly $400 for Carson’s Village. Pictured below is John, Kaden and Jason working the water table. We will send out a note next time we do another 5K.
- Powderpuff Game: Thanks to the Coppell Cheerleading Association who made Carson’s Village a beneficiary of their game. This year Jason was a coach on the black team while April and Jennifer Bartkowski (Board Member) played on the black team. We had a blast and thoroughly enjoyed the game which was so evenly matched it came down to one play.
- Voyage Dallas – Carson’s Village was highlighted in the publication “Voyage Dallas” where they sat down with Jason for an interview. This is a really nice article that shouldn’t be missed!
- Carrie Breedlove with Breedlove Counseling, PLLC (breedlovecounseling.com) was nice to interview us on Facebook Live. Click the link to see the video. Below is a picture of us after filming.
As always, you can continue to help Carson’s Village by:
- Refering us to a family in need.
- Connecting us to your network to help us spread the word.
- Asking your friends and family to follow us on Facebook.
- Volunteering as an Advocate or a Villager to help families
- Making a donation which assists us in providing families resources.
We need OUR village to help Carson’s Village continue to grow.
April and Jason Dyke