NEED SUPPORT RIGHT AWAY?    Email Carson's Village 877-789-0722

Social Security Benefits

Lump-Sum Payment:  When a person with Social Security benefits dies and leaves behind a surviving spouse or child, Social Security may pay out two types of death benefits: a special lump-sum death benefit of $255, and/or a payment that provides an ongoing monthly death benefit called a survivor benefit.  Click on this link to review the guidelines.

Survivor Benefits:  Social Security benefits are available to most people who work and earn income in the United States. There are three main types of benefits; retirement benefits, disability benefits, and survivor benefits.  Click on this link to see the guidelines for each type.

Note:  You cannot report a death or apply for survivors’ benefits online.  If you need to report a death, contact your local Social Security office or call 1-800-772-1213 (TTY 1-800-325-0778). You can speak to a Social Security representative between 7 AM and 7 PM Monday through Friday.

Want to know what else Carson’s Village is up to? Join our email list.

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Need support right away?
Call us at 877-789-0722 or email us HERE.