Carson's Village Newsletter - April 2018
Dear Friends –
Wow, April has been a busy month for everyone here at Carson’s Village and again we want to start this month’s newsletter with a great big THANK YOU! We are overwhelmed by all your support, generosity and incredibly kind gestures. It is humbling. Please keep liking and sharing any post you see and again, ask everyone you know to donate. We really need your help on this!
Let me update you on what has been going on since our March newsletter.
- In April, we helped 7 families bringing our total to 18 to date. We are honored and humbled to help these families and would not be able to do it without you!
- Our 9 member Board of Directors met early in April and are now out in the community telling our story, building partnerships and advocating for our mission. Their leadership will help us continue to grow our impact this year.
- April and Jason, with the help of our friends at Medical City Las Colinas, recorded a video about Carson’s Village. “Paying It Forward” has almost 7,000 views to date and I encourage you watch it (Link) if you have not had an opportunity.
- We are in the process of onboarding our first 5 Advocates who will be the volunteers working directly with families on behalf of Carson’s Village. If you are interested in serving as an Advocate, please let us know.
- Join us! On May 21 from 6:00-8:00 p.m., please bring your family for dinner at the Twisted Root in Coppell (505 Houston Street, Coppell, TX 75019). When you let them know that you’re with Carson’s Village, the Twisted Root will donate a portion of your purchase back to Carson’s Village.
- April 28, 2018 marked the one year since Carson's passing. While it was a difficult day for us we remembered our son with our bus family (pictured below), we were honored by the gifts made in his memory. Thank you for supporting our work.
As always, you can continue to help Carson’s Village:
Refer us to a family in need.
Connect us to your network to help us spread the word.
Ask your friends and family to follow us on Facebook.
Volunteer as an Advocate to help families
Make a donation.
We need OUR village to help Carson’s Village continue to grow.
April and Jason Dyke