Dear Friends of Carson’s Village –
We had another busy month full of accomplishments that we are excited to share with you.
- Referrals – Once again, we were able to assist families that call in to ask for help. This month saw the addition of referrals coming from the Texas 2-1-1 system. This is a free service to the citizens of Texas to help them with a myriad of social issues sponsored by the Texas Health and Human Services Commission.
- Fundraising – The first round of AT&T payroll contributions was sent to us from YourCause.com. Thanks to all of those generous folks at AT&T for supporting our efforts to help families in need. These contributions make me realize what a great company and family that AT&T has been to me over the years. Please let us know if you company has donation program for local nonprofit organizations. Even the smallest donation can have a big impact on families in need.
- New Partnerships – In the month of February, we continue to expand our partnerships with Children’s Medical Center, Texas 2-1-1, Medical City Dallas, Ronald McDonald House of Dallas, Texas A&M University Police Department and College Station Police Department. We are working with more and more people who recognize the value of our free services.
- Board of Directors – We are proud to announce that we have expanded our Board of Directors:
- Current Board
- Jennifer Bartkowski – CEO Girl Scouts Northeast Texas
- Dr. April Dyke – Founder
- Ja s on Dyke – Founder
- New Board Members
- Danny Barton – Captain in the Coppell Police Department
- Brad Hunt – Coppell ISD Superintendent
- John Paschal – Community Representative
- Jeremy Rountree – Assistant Chief Nursing Officer at Medical City Los Colinas
- Ki m Snopik – Marketing Director at AT&T
- Current Board
- MBA Challenge – Carson’s Village was accepted by the Texas A&M University Mays School of Business to be a participant in the MBA Challenge. Through this program, a team of MBA students provided business support in the form of a case competition. Although we did not win (and we should have), the team did a great job with their presentation.
- Adolescent Symposium – On February 15th, April and I attended a great Symposium hosted by Mental Health America of Greater Dallas. This gave us an opportunity to make some outstanding contacts in the healthcare field. (Picture at the top of the email shows us at the table)
Coming in March, Carson’s Village will launch our new website and document library. This will be the only complete online resource that we have seen in the country. As we move forward we will continue adding documents that will make us the leading expert in the field.
Please remember that you can continue to help us by:
- Referring us to a family in need.
- Connecting us to your network to help us spread the word.
- Asking your friends and family to follow us on Facebook.
- Making a donation.
We need OUR village to help Carson’s Village continue to grow.
Jason and April Dyke