Hi Villagers! Everyone with Carson’s Village worked extremely hard through the first half of the year to support 35 families and so many more through our online resources as we work to build a legacy to honor Carson’s memory. As we move forward, we continue to have a solid plan in place to finish the year out strong. We are all very excited to see what the future holds. Here is a peek at what has been happening since our last update:
- Advocate Training – We completed our first Volunteer Advocate training on June 27th resulting in an additional 6 advocates prepared to support families in need! Thanks to Angela, Bailey, Christie, Erin, Joe and Reggie for volunteering to help us continue our mission. A special thanks also goes out to Alan who attended as a representative of the Baylor Scott & White Pastoral staff. These volunteers are now ready to serve families directly as we receive calls for support.
- Happy Anniversary! – It has officially been one year since the IRS recognized Carson’s Village as a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization on June 27, 2017.
- Facebook Birthday Fundraiser – We want to say thank you to Erin James, John Paschall and Casey Conner for requesting their friends donate to Carson’s Village for their birthday! Please remember us as your birthday nears. It’s very easy to set up and Facebook will take care of everything for you!
- New Board Member – We are happy to welcome Mark Grace, Chief Mission and Ministry Officer with Baylor Scott and White to our Board of Directors. Mark has been a great advocate for us and he brings vast experience and a huge network to our board.
- Continuing to Plant Seeds – We began a partnership with Texas Health Resources which is the largest hospital system in North Texas. We are excited to see how this relationship grows this year!
Remember that you can continue to help us by:
1. Referring us to a family in need.
2. Connecting us to your network to help us spread the word.
3. Asking your friends and family to follow us on Facebook.
4. Making a donation.
5. There are many ways for you to help us help others. As a volunteer, you can serve in our village in a variety of ways. Visit https://carsonsvillage.org/villager-signup/ to see more.
We need OUR village to help Carson’s Village continue to grow.
April and Jason Dyke
Carson’s Village is now on Instagram! Follow us at @carsonsvillage and ask your friends to follow us too.