End-of-life expenses such as funerals and burials can cost up to $2,500 for an infant, and most parents are not prepared for this expense. Upon approval, Angel Names Association can provide financial assistance for end-of-life expenses and counseling services for U.S. families of stillborn children.
Location: US states and territories
Languages: English, Spanish
- The Securing End-of-Life Expenses (SEOLE), pronounced “soul,” program provides needy families assistance with autopsy, funeral, burial and cremation expenses. If approved, funding is sent to the service provider (i.e. funeral home), not directly to the family. Families complete a brief “Request for Assistance” form indicating their needs.
- Families seeking therapeutic intervention can request assistance through the Grief Recovery Assistance Program (GRASP), which provides funding for uninsured and underinsured families pursuing counseling services to work through the grief of stillbirth. Families complete a brief “Request for Assistance” form indicating their needs.
- ANA Care Cards are designed to help families, friends and coworkers in their attempts at supporting families of stillborn children. These pocket-sized cards provide suggestions for what to say, and what not to say, when helping loved ones face the tragedy of stillbirth and infant death. Available in both English and Spanish.
- This program enables ANA to offer supportive resources to families of stillborn children. Funded in part by a grant from the Saratoga County Citizens Committee on Mental Health, the library provides publications that families can loan for free. Families will not have to go to a public forum (i.e. library, bookstore) to search for a book, and they will not have to incur the expense of purchasing the items.
How to apply:
- Please email (firstname.lastname@example.org) before completing the Request for Assistance Form.
- If Request for Assistance is approved, funding is given to the service provider, not to families directly.
- Inform the provider (i.e. funeral home) you are applying for assistance through Angel Names Association.
- Remember, ANA does not reimburse families for previously paid expenses.